Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Royal Blunder

Days to Wedding: 109
Day to Marathon: 158
Miles run in last 7 days: 5.66
Most consecutive miles run: 2.15

As you may notice, my miles this past week are very low.  This is why.

My interest in other people's weddings is very high at the moment.  So it should come as no surprise that my interest in the Royal Wedding was immense.  The coverage started here in California at 1am so I of course waited up to see it start.  Now the ceremony was supposed to begin around 3am so I made a bargain with myself.  I would record it, stay up to see her dress (!) then hit the sack.  It is the middle of my work week, you know.

So of course the minute she stepped out of the phantom, I was wide awake.  So I stayed up. Til 6am.  I watched the whole thing.  Twice.

So after very little sleep, I was up and working.  And because of my super late night, I missed my run on Friday, which I justified by saying that I would make it up on Saturday.  Now my schedule is now totally off which leave me sleepless Friday night. And wouldn't you know it, when I wake up Saturday, I am sick.

My sickness lasted through the weekend and here we are, tuesday, and I'm finally getting back to normal.  I have missed three days of running, which makes me nervous, but I am reminded that I am in this for the long haul and so a few days aren't going to push me off course.  I can get back on top of this, I know I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment